January 07, 2010

Ryan has the first stomach bug she will remember. She had one as a baby which I remember VERY clearly. When I called the doctor to ask for advice I was told the diarrhea could last for 14 days. My only thought was, 14 DAYS!!! How will we survive and how many diapers will I be changing! But I survived all the diaper changing (only 11 days worth) and Ry survived the diaper rash from all the nasty diapers and tush wiping.

This is a different virus. She threw up multiple times last night. At first she was shocked that she threw up. Then she cried because she thought her clothes were ruined. She quickly learned to call for us and get the green bucket sitting next to her bed. It's interesting to watch the progress. As adults we have been sick plenty of times and know what to do, but it's easy to forget that kids have little or no experience with this stuff and it can be very scary.

Jason and I split the stay-home shift today. I'm snuggling on the couch with my sweet gal now while she watches cartoons. Hopefully after lots of rest and a little Gatorade she will feel great. Especially if she wants to play in the snow this afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment