March 09, 2010

Home Grown Summer Goodness

Ok, let's be honest.... I am not a good gardener. The Green Thumb gene runs thru my family, but I got skipped. My grandfather is amazing with plants, like a plant whisperer or something. Last year I attempted a vegetable garden because my family likes most veggies and I thought it might be cool for Ryan to watch something grow.

My Papa came over and planted most of my vegetables for me in a single afternoon. Probably would have taken me two days. Thank you Papa, first hurtle sucessfully jumped. The next problem is remembering how often to water the poor plants. My yard gets lots of sun and between remembering all the kid and hubby stuff the veggies got left out.

However, this year I will try again! This year should go better since Braylen enjoys being outside moving around now. I just need to make some time to go dig in my dirt on the really nice days. Get some dirt moving around in my yard. Oh yeah, and remember to water daily....

No comments:

Post a Comment