October 15, 2009

Burts Farm

We have begun some really nice family traditions over the past few years. I didn't even think of these events as being traditions, but slowly over time they have evolved into important markers for our year.

Burt's Farm is the first fall "tradition" we have. It's a pumpkin farm near Ellijay, GA that we visit with some friends. They have a giant pumpkin patch, a hayride for the kids and a "general store" with some of the best homemade fall treats. Last year we bought pumpkin bread which was a little bland until smeared with cream cheese, but the strawberry jam and the apple butter was delicious!!!

Tomorrow is our annual trip to Burt's Farm. It's supposed to be FREEZING tomorrow. And by freezing I mean the high for the day might reach 50 degrees. I'm a true southern girl and I don't do cold weather that well. I'll be bundled up and hugging my mug of hot chocolate tight.

It feels like fall now. Not just because the weather is chilly, but because we are heading to Burt's tomorrow. We can spend tomorrow afternoon making funny faces on our pumpkins as a family and the rest of our traditions are soon to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment