October 07, 2009

Perfect Imperfection

Today was one of those days that I hope stays in my memories forever. It was perfect because it was so normal. There wasn't anything terribly exciting that happened. The kind of day that is just an average day for the typical two-working-parent family. That's why I want to remember it so badly. It was a normal day for us, but those are the ones I loose sight of too often. It's the special occasions or the crazy stuff that I remember so easily.

Today we were running late for work, Jason and I were carpooling. We work as a tag-team getting the kids ready for school and out the door. He almost left me at daycare because I spent too much time speaking with Miss Helen (B's teacher) - oops. He dropped me at work, we both had crazy/normal work days and then he picked me up again. We got the kids from school and had a little time leftover to visit with our good friends/neighbors. The weather was so nice this evening, sunny but not hot or cold - a nice to change to all the cloudiness and rain. Leftover lasagna for dinner which B could not get enough of! The boy LOVES to eat - just like the rest of his family. The kids got baths and bed. Now Jason and I are reflecting on our day and laughing at the tv.

Nothing exciting, like a scene from a movie maybe without any climax. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment