September 01, 2009

Flying Time

Do you ever stop to smell the roses? To feel your life rushing past you? It's a terrible feeling.

My kids are growing up so fast and some days I catch myself being so caught up with making dinner and cleaning up the house that I forget to enjoy the every day "stuff" that my family is doing. Braylen is 7 months old. Six months ago when he was so tiny and throwing up after every feeding I remember thinking it would never end. Six very short months later he isn't throwing up and he isn't so tiny. He is a normal and healthy seven month old little boy that is already determined to do things his way, like eating only by his hands and not a spoon.

Ryan is 4 years old and in PreK. I thought this day would never get here because four years seemed like such a long time. Once you have kids time flies. I have to remind myself every day to pay attention to all the little mundane things that we are doing every day. I don't want to forget ANY of them. Like last night when Ryan was asking about Heaven. We asked her what she thought Heaven would be like and where it was. Her answer? Perfect for a four-year-old. Ryan's Heaven is in the mountains with Taylor Swift. She is so amazing and I don't want to forget a minute of her childhood. I just have to remember to stop and look around and memorize what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment