April 06, 2010

19 days, 2 hours until

I turn 30. It's a big birthday. Probably because by 30 most people hope to be established in whatever lifestyle they have worked for. I have a friend that wanted to be published by 30 and my goal was to be an established wife and mother. I made that goal, but there are others that were secondary that weren't accomplished.

I considered making a list of things I wanted to do before I turned 30, but I have discarded that idea. A few months really isn't enough time to accomplish the items that would have been on that list. Maybe by 40 I can tick those off the score sheet....

Instead of marking things off before I turn 30, I am making a list of things I want to do the year I'm 30. I want to remember to breathe more often and stress over the small things less. I want to enjoy the moment as it is happening around me instead of remembering what I can after the moment has passed. I want to be more comfortable in my own skin - to accept the things I cannot change about myself, and learn to celebrate the things I like about myself. I want to find some personal balance between my home-life and my work-life.

This is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment