April 21, 2010

Wow, it's loud in my house

Every day I get home around 3:30. Ryan has to be picked up from pre-k by 4pm. This leaves me almost 30 minutes of absolute peace and quiet at home. It's the only part of my day (aside from the 2 hours I spend in the car) that I can think without someone else interupting me.

This may not sound like much to be excited over, but I have a loud husband and loud kids. They don't mean to be loud it's just that their vocal cords are set at a louder volume then the rest of the world.

Sometimes I feel guilty about coming home to do whatever I want.

Most days there is no guilt. Simply because its the only time I can be alone and everyone deserves some time alone. I can go to the bathroom without someone following me. I can attempt to nap without little people climbing on me. I can read a book and not tune out the voices of my family.

It's delightful. It's indulgent. It's heaven.

I'm so lucky for my 30 minutes a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment